Type of Job
About the job
ReelPaws, an award-winning marketing agency with pet expertise, commercial photography & video production capabilities, is seeking a Full-Time Creative Director to join our team. Work to be completed primarily from our Chicago office during the company-wide four day (32-hour) workweek. Enjoy 3-day weekends, every week!
This role is responsible for leading the development, presentation, and creation of marketing campaign concepts, strategies, and assets for various client and internal projects. The CD helps transform concepts into finished creative work and manages others on the creative team, ensuring client objectives are achieved. The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye, a strong creative thinker, able to develop creative concepts and strategies that are relevant, innovative, and effective. Ultimately the Creative Director is a creative powerhouse that is able to motivate and direct others on the team in the design and production of marketing solutions across different platforms.
Starting salary is based on level of experience, and upon hire will be reevaluated on a biannual basis. You will have the opportunity to work directly with leadership, the creative team, and clients, to facilitate the production of a wide array of content. The scale of our portfolio offers challenges and opportunities for individuals who are looking to further their careers with an innovative and growing company.
If you are passionate about creating beautiful and engaging content of the highest quality, we’d like to meet you!
- Creative Design Expertise, with a solid understanding of design principles and sales/marketing alignment, maintain current knowledge of new design techniques, trends, and applicable software.
- Website and UX Design; lead the creation of websites and landing pages built primarily for Shopify and WordPress, ensuring optimization for user experience, and assessing the execution of design work aligns with overall business and strategic goals.
- Innovative Leadership by continually research emerging marketing trends, strategies, and new technologies across all media.
- Present concepts for clients, attend and/or lead client meetings and pitches, as well as plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations, goals, and timelines.
- Collaborate with the entire marketing team, to execute creative and innovative ideas and ensure they are on strategy and on schedule.
- Strategy and Tactical Planning; Participate in the ideation process and project brainstorming sessions, leveraging research, analytics, and brand insights, to help develop new creative for client work.
- Managing multiple projects and teams, directing the the design and development of concepts, strategies, client presentations, and creative materials.
- Production. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves to produce actual work alongside other members of the team. Be extremely comfortable producing content for email, social, marketing landing pages, site refreshes, and print.
Minimum of eight years of previous experience in creative direction, art direction, or design, in-house or at an agency.
BA/BS degree, ideally in design, marketing, and/or related field.
Minimum of four years of agency experience at a marketing, PR, or advertising agency.
Experience with creative direction on photo/video shoots preferred.
Fluency across the Adobe Creative Suite.
Solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations of assorted digital channels.
Solid work ethic and professionalism in dealing with clients and colleagues.
Trustworthiness, professional appearance, and poise when working with clients.
Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Exceptionally organized and able to work independently.
ReelPaws is an award-winning digital agency that brings together top-notch marketing minds, serious commercial photography and video production capabilities, and pet expertise, all under one roof. Our team creates work for trusted brands around the world. We deliver creative and digital marketing solutions for clients and their trusted partners.
Employees at ReelPaws are a diverse group of creatives, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. Our small (but mighty!) team is composed of less than 15 employees that specialize in producing photography, video, and digital work for brands that utilize animals in marketing and advertising content. Our clients are located across the country and internationally. Some companies are emerging brands, but many household names also seek our work. We even have a handful of loyal non-pet clients too. The work we create encompasses a diverse range of projects and campaigns, with a continual push for innovative and bold ideas that stand out.
Our office/studio is located in Ravenswood / Lincoln Square area in an old brick factory building that has a modern industrial vibe with polished concrete flooring and high ceilings. We maintain a laid-back work environment with a business casual dress code, and an office dog. We do work really hard to create great work, but we have a sense of humor and laugh daily!
Takes ownership of projects assigned, looks for areas of process improvement, and enacts action to achieve these goals.
You bring positive energy, a sense of enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a desire to truly create great work and deliver it on time!
Be analytical and an accomplished problem-solver.
Previous experience working at a marketing agency, on a wide array of client projects.
Able to merge creative needs with business acumen and serve as part of agency core leadership team that influences direction of the agency. You are a driver in our success and your decisions are considered key to our financial health and future growth.
Comfortable working with and around dogs and cats.
Resume + please indicate a link to your professional portfolio or website.
Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
4809 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
Compensation & Benefits
$80,000 - $110,000 per year
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Disability insurance, Paid time off, Bonus pay, Retirement Plan