Digital Marketing Summer Internship
Temporary At Home
Type of Job
About the job
Assist with a variety of social media and marketing initiatives. Intern receives the full benefit of accessing the entire leadership team for questions, learning opportunities, and hands-on experience. Although this internship focuses mostly on digital marketing, there will be opportunities to participate in photo and video shoots and receive training in sales, styling, casting, script and copy writing, business operations, etc. tailored to applicant’s individual interests. This is a terrific opportunity to gain real world experience and learn at an active busy agency.
SCHEDULE: Approximately 15-20 hours/week (Able to accommodate class schedule but hours must be M-F)
TIME COMMITMENT: 10-16 week commitment, May – September 2021
• Work to be completed remotely until at least June 2021, then will re-assess based on current Illinois recommendations and transmission rates, we value the safety and health of everyone on our team!
• Occasional opportunities to join video or photo shoots in-person, with proper safety precautions and comfort level of candidate. Not a required part of this role, but learning opportunity that is available.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in writing copy, developing, and editing social content for Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
• Assist with paid social campaign management
• Assist in developing content calendars for email and social
• Assist in activities surrounding Google Analytics optimization
• Research and present digital content trends and emerging social technologies
• Participate in company brainstorm sessions
• Keep a focused lens on the building, maintaining, and growing brand love
• Researching and qualifying prospective leads
• Content writing
• Competitive audits for client projects
• Review of influencer content, pull metrics as requested
Working towards a Bachelor’s or other advanced degree, or recent graduate of bachelor’s or master’s program within the past 6 months
Currently enrolled or recently graduated student with completion of two or more years of college coursework
Degree study with a concentration in Digital Marketing, MBA, Marketing, Digital Media, Data Science, Social Media, Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, Psychology, Entrepreneurship, Media Studies, Market Research, General Marketing, PR, or other related field.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to match writing to brand's tone of voice
Good Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Proficient in GoogleDocs
ReelPaws is an award-winning digital agency that brings together top-notch marketing minds, serious commercial photography and video production capabilities, and pet expertise, all under one roof. Our team creates work for trusted brands around the world. We deliver creative and digital marketing solutions for clients and their trusted partners.
Employees at ReelPaws are a diverse group of creatives, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. Our small (but mighty!) team is composed of less than 10 employees that specialize in producing photography, video, and digital work for brands that utilize animals in marketing and advertising content. Our clients are located across the country and internationally. Some companies are emerging brands, but many household names also seek our work. We also have a significant number of loyal non-pet clients too. The work we create is rather diverse and varied and the clients are overall pretty great!
Our office/studio is located in Ravenswood / Lincoln Square area in an old brick factory building that has a modern industrial vibe with polished concrete flooring and high ceilings. We maintain a laid-back work environment with a business casual dress code, and an office dog. Although right now we work primarily from home, we also conduct occasional photo or video shoots in person as needed but following a rigorous safety protocol. We do work really hard to create great work, but we have a sense of humor and laugh daily!
Constantly monitoring pop culture trends and digital behaviors to infuse into your work
Highly-organized and project management oriented
Able to follow standard instructions, practices, and procedures
Able to meet required deadlines
Self-motivated, able to work independently with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Because this company specializes in working with live animals, applicant should be comfortable working with and around dogs and cats
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday April 21, 2021
1. Cover letter detailing experience in digital marketing, interest in this position, and schedule availability
3. Link(s) to portfolio or work samples you have created or projects worked on.
Send materials to
4809 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
Compensation & Benefits
$500 - $1000 / month stipend
We are happy to also be considered for school credit.
Able to build up actual work portfolio on client projects.
Priority consideration in future hiring within our company.