Part Time Administrative Coordinator
Type of Job
Part Time, Hourly
About the job
ReelPaws, an established digital agency with pet industry expertise is seeking a part time administrative coordinator, to join our team.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting activities of the office and management. Provides general reception coverage and telephone answering. Duties often require data entry, conducting research, drafting letters, ordering supplies, light office cleaning, editing/proofing documents, and anticipating business needs. Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
A successful hire learns over time how to anticipate business needs and suggest solutions. This role functions as an essential team member in keeping the company moving ahead by seamlessly connecting the dots behind the scenes with grace under pressure and always with a smile! Experience in an administrative role is very important, as is a proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail. It is a critical role that offers an opportunity for steady long term employment, and potential for full time and future promotion for the right candidate.
- Set the tone of our company with a friendly and favorable first impression
- Warmly greets office visitors, signs for packages, and fields questions from clients, visitors, and staff
- Upbeat and customer service-oriented phone coverage (first to answer all incoming calls)
- Coordinates professional office cleaning
- Conducts daily ‘tidy up’ and quick clean of office common areas, including washing any dishes left by guests, visitors, staff in kitchen
- Maintain key holder privileges and assist with office or studio preventive maintenance, including coordinating/scheduling repairs as needed
- Care for office equipment, able to resolve technology needs, or suggest solutions
- Assemble new office furniture, organize client samples, coordinate donations of extra pet supplies, materials, and furniture from projects, maintain studio professional appearance
- Organize studio decor and filming items, assist with filming studio turnover post shoot and preparation for next project
- Create and manage listings and inventory of older camera equipment and other materials being sold
- Prepare and mail all US/UPS/Fed Ex packages, open all receivables and check for completeness and accuracy
- Ordering lunches/meals as needed for director, staff, or guests and ensure kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks & beverages for staff and visitors
- Coordinates office parties, monthly morale building activity, birthdays, and annual holiday celebration
- Assist with special projects to support team leadership, including awards applications, preparing schedules, organizing travel needs, etc.
- Orienting and on-boarding new hires
- Researching clients and leads in the industry, including background data collection by visiting online websites and social media portals and recording information
- Perform other duties as needed
Minimum of 2 years of prior administrative / office experience
Experienced in working independently
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude
ReelPaws is an award-winning digital agency that brings together top-notch marketing minds, serious commercial photography and video production capabilities, and pet expertise, all under one roof. Our team creates work for trusted brands around the world. We deliver creative and digital marketing solutions for clients and their trusted partners.
Employees at ReelPaws are a diverse group of creatives, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. Our small (but mighty!) team is composed of less than 10 employees that specialize in producing photography, video, and digital work for brands that utilize animals in marketing and advertising content. Our clients are located across the country and internationally. Some companies are emerging brands, but many household names also seek our work. We also have a significant number of loyal non-pet clients too. The work we create is rather diverse and varied and the clients are overall pretty great!
Our office/studio is located in Ravenswood / Lincoln Square area in an old brick factory building that has a modern industrial vibe with polished concrete flooring and high ceilings. We maintain a laid-back work environment with a business casual dress code, and an office dog. Although right now we work primarily from home, we also conduct occasional photo or video shoots in person as needed but following a rigorous safety protocol. We do work really hard to create great work, but we have a sense of humor and laugh daily!
Previous experience as an office manager, admin, executive assistant, or similar role at marketing or PR agency, video production house, photo studio, or similar, preferred.
Bring positive energy and a sense of enthusiasm with you to work each day.
Strong attention to detail in all work.
Organized and able to keep track of current projects and deadlines independently.
A desire to exceed expectations and deliver work on time!
Be an accomplished problem-solver, looking for ways to improve efficiency.
Comfortable working with and around dogs and cats.
• Cover letter detailing experience and interest in this position, and schedule availability
Send materials to
4809 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
Compensation & Benefits
$14 - 20 / hour