Type of Job
About the job
ReelPaws, an award-winning digital marketing agency with pet expertise and in-house commercial photography & video production capabilities, is seeking a Full Time Office Manager to join our team.
This Office Manager position is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations at the ReelPaws office and studio. Welcome to a small team where you can have a BIG impact. You are the glue that holds the creatives together and helps things run smoothly. You can navigate a busy work environment with poise and grace. You anticipate needs and recommend solutions, becoming a trusted member of leadership.
The Office Manager provides a positive welcoming presence for employees and guests each day. Duties are varied and include general front desk coverage, acting as the employee HR representative, monitoring employee benefits, reviewing benefits packages with insurance providers annually, verifying and calculating employee timesheets, interviewing job candidates and making recommendations, training and onboarding new employees, mentoring & supervising interns, and coordinating awards applications. Other duties include general reception coverage for the small office, maintaining an organized and tidy office and overseeing professional cleaners, coordinating food orders and planning socials and recognitions for employees, drafting letters, managing budgets, and editing/proofing documents. Physical presence in the office is typically required Monday-Wednesdays, with Thursdays and Fridays working from home.
Experience in a managerial administrative role is very important, as is a proven ability to oversee multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail. We value social acumen and setting an example with professionalism in this role. Starting salary is based on level of experience, and we review compensation for all employees approximately every six months.
- Set the tone of our company with a friendly and favorable first impression at the front desk
- Warmly greets office visitors, signs for packages, and answers questions from clients, visitors, and staff
- Upbeat and customer service-oriented phone coverage (first to answer all incoming calls)
- Coordinating hiring and job fulfillment, including initial interviewing, training and onboarding new hires, and organizing employment paperwork
- Manages office interns, including coordinating training, mentorship opportunities, and letters of reference
- Maintains employee vacation schedules and sick time, reviews time sheets for accuracy and completeness before processing, reviews expense reports and employee reimbursements
- Reviews payroll for accuracy and completeness of timesheets and cross references with approved PTO or sick time
- Organize assorted office and storage areas
- Purchase food, office supplies, and decor for the office and re-stock snacks and drinks daily as needed
- Professional demeanor and ability to mentor staff
- Ensure kitchen and shared office space are maintained, schedule professional cleaners or maintenance as needed, replace lightbulbs, etc.
- Schedules professional office cleaners and conducts daily ‘tidy up’ and quick clean of office common areas, including washing any dishes left by guests, visitors, and staff in the kitchen
- Maintain key holder privileges and assist with office or studio preventive maintenance, including coordinating/scheduling repairs as needed
- Care for office equipment, able to resolve technology needs, or suggest solutions
- Coordinate with studio manager before and after any filming project to ensure office area returns to comfortable workspace for employees
- Prepare and mail all US/UPS/FedEx packages, open all receivables and check for completeness and accuracy
- Ordering lunches/meals as needed for the team and ensuring the kitchen is stocked with complimentary snacks & beverages for staff and visitors
- Coordinates office parties, monthly morale-building activities, birthdays, work anniversaries or other personal and professional milestones, and annual holiday celebrations, and maintains a budget for each
- Assist with special projects to support team leadership, including awards applications, preparing schedules, organizing travel needs, etc.
- Researching clients and leads in the industry, including background data collection by visiting online websites and social media portals and recording information
- Perform other duties as needed
Minimum of 3 years of prior managerial administrative / office experience
Experienced in working independently
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
Strong verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
Friendly, respectful, and professional demeanor
Able to handle confidential information with discretion
ReelPaws is an award-winning digital agency that brings together top-notch marketing minds, serious commercial photography and video production capabilities, and pet expertise, all under one roof. Our team creates work for trusted brands around the world. We deliver creative and digital marketing solutions for clients and their trusted partners.
Employees at ReelPaws are a diverse group of creatives, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. Our small (but mighty!) team is composed of less than 15 employees that specialize in producing photography, video, and digital work for brands that utilize animals in marketing and advertising content. Our clients are located across the country and internationally. Some companies are emerging brands, but many household names also seek our work. We have a significant number of loyal non-pet clients too. The work we create is rather diverse and varied and the clients are overall pretty great!
Our office/studio is located in the Ravenswood / Lincoln Square area, in an old brick factory building that has a modern industrial vibe with polished concrete flooring and high ceilings. We maintain a laid-back work environment with a business casual dress code, and an office dog. We work hard to create great work, but have a sense of humor and laugh daily. Come join us! Work alongside talented professionals and contribute to a challenging, exciting, and rewarding projects.
Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration or similar coursework in human resources, accounting, finance, marketing, management, and business law.
Previous experience as an office manager, administrator, human resources supervisor, executive assistant, or similar role at marketing or PR agency, video production house, photo studio, or similar, preferred.
You bring positive energy and a sense of enthusiasm, while maintaining attention to detail in the workplace.
Organized and able to keep track of current projects and deadlines independently.
A desire to exceed expectations and deliver work on time!
Be an accomplished problem-solver, looking for ways to improve efficiency.
Comfortable working with and around dogs and cats.
4809 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
Compensation & Benefits
$50,000 - $75,000 per year
Benefits: Health insurance with Dental & Vision plan, Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance, Paid time off (PTO), Sick time, Bonus pay